Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids


Valentine's Day crafts are a great way to get kids out of the post-Christmas doldrums when it's cold and grey in January.

But when you're planning kids crafts for a big celebration like Valentine's Day it's easy to think you've got to be wildly original ... cue stressed mummy and child!

So my plan this year for Valentine's Day crafts for my daughter and the kids on our street is all about giving old faves a new twist ...

... and I am loving the ideas below that are all super fun Valentine's Day ideas based on crafts like play dough, salt dough, potato prints, button and marble painting that all kids know and love.


My only concession to these super simple Valentine's Day crafts is a heart shaped wreath that in a moment of weakness madness ... I'm pretty new to wreath making ... I promised my daughter before Christmas, having flatly refused to make one for Christmas.

Hmmm ... that'll be one stressed mummy-daughter crafting session before Valentine's Day ;-)


Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids



Some heart cutting with sparkly Valentine's playdough - Nurture Store






Raspberry Jelly Valentine's Playdough - Imagination Tree which again needs nothing more than cutters, pink glitter and some sparkly "jewels" 





Valentine Salt Dough Garland - Yummy Mummy Kitchen





Magic Writing Heart Cards - Avinash Hecker for which you just need some water colour paints ...









Rolling ball painted hearts from Princesses, Pies & Pre-school Pizzazz.

We love rolling ball painting and I like the idea of getting the paintings printed on small canvases - e.g. with Easy Canvas Prints or Canvas on Demand - as cute Valentine's Day gifts.





Stained Glass Hearts - My Little 3 And Me





Salt Dough Heart Necklaces - Amazing Mae





Valentine Sensory Bin Treasures - Princesses, Pies and Pre-School Pizzazz





Valentine Sensory Bin - Baby Giveaways Galore






Valentine's Day Votive Candle Holders - Happy Hooligans





Pom Pom Hearts - Baby Giveaways Galore





Melted Crayon Hearts - Princesses, Pies & Pre-school Pizzazz





Valentine Button Heart - Hands On As We Grow





Valentine Stick Dolls - This Fine Day





Punch Heart Pictures from Serenity You using a heart hole punch ...





This Valentine's Day Necklace from Jewels of Sayuri isn't a kid's craft but I love the idea and think it could be easily adapted to something that was enjoyable even for small children.

If your button supply is looking a bit depleted you can buy small bags of vintage buttons very cheaply.





Valentine's Day Heart Wreath - No Time for Flash Cards





Edible Finger Paint Pictures - Mini Piccolini





Valentine Potato Prints - Usual Mayhem





It can be hard to get boys engaged in Valentine's Day but you might win them over with these Cupids Arrows from Craftaholics ....




Or if nothing else get them to select a photo for these fab rocket and superhero cards ...




But if it gets to the point where you've run out of time to make Valentines cards with the kids and everyone else is sending them do check out the really fabulous kid friendly selections at Tiny Prints and Minted ...

And if you're a busy, not so crafty mom who struggles to find time to plan crafts and make sure you've got all the materials you need, do check out Kiwi Crate who will send you a monthly crate of craft ideas with all the materials you need - how good is that!

If you enjoyed this post follow me on Pinterest

Visit Mums make lists ...'s profile on Pinterest.


Valentine's Day Cards! 20% off Sitewide at Cardstore! Use Code: CCA4107, Valid through 1/15/14. Shop Now!

More Valentine Ideas

20 comments:

  1. So many very cute ideas! Thanks for stopping by Wonderful Wednesday blog hop. I pinned you post!
    Blessings,
    Diane Roark
    www.recipesforourdailybread.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection. I shared this on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have so many great valentines day gifts. I like so many of them. I'll be pinning these onto Pinterest for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great collection! I especially loved one with buttons! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great ideas! Thanks for sharing! Will definitely need something for my kids to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all SOO fantastic! I have added each of my fav looking into my bookmarks to open, plan, create for this year--ahead of schedule! Plus I'm looking forward to SOO many more new ideas! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing! Great craft ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWSERS! I was looking for ideas for my daughter's first grade school Valentine party and there are too many to choose from. I am thinking we will do the tissue paper votives might be it because I have a ton of old jars saved in my garage. If you get a second this weekend, I would be excited if you stopped my to share this at my linky party, Get Schooled Saturday!
    xxx
    Kim from Too Much Time on My Hands
    http://too-much-time.com/2014/01/get-schooled-saturday-110.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the Salt Dough Heart Necklaces! My daughter will really enjoy making those! This is definitely a post to pin ;-)

    Thanks for linking up with us at our Weekend Wind-Down Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, I miss doing things like this when my sons were young, my baby is now 17. Thank you for linking up at the #WWDParty, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun ideas!! Thanks so much for linking to our Best Of The Weekend party! Pinning now and have a great week!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loads of lovely ideas, thanks - have pinned! Popping over from Monday's Parenting Pin-it party x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful round up. Teh necklace is particularly sweet.
    Popped over from Monday's Pin-It Party: http://www.pinterest.com/littlebookcase/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great ideas! I will surely be trying the Valentines Day play dough and potato prints with my twins. Thank you!

    Music is another great activity to incorporate into the holiday.
    Here is a kids site that has a great promotion going on for Valentines Day.
    Valentine’s Day Music Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some wonderful craft ideas, I really need to get organised!

    Commenting via the Pin-it Party Linky (littleboo_21)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab post and right up my street! I've been pinning lots of Valentines ideas over the last day or so in an attempt to get organised and get the kids involved.

    Thanks so much, now following via Mondays Parent Pin It Party via jbmumofone x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great collection of ideas. I just featured you at Mom's Library. I'd love for you to come check it out and grab a button. http://www.meaningfulmama.com/2014/01/moms-library-splash-math-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for including my Kids Heart Pictures. They loved making them and their so easy to do, we will be making some again this year

    Natasha @ Serenity you

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great round-up! Thanks so much for the mention!

    http://minipiccolini.com/category/holidays-2/valentines-day-holidays-2/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your comments ... I don't get to respond to all of them but do leave me a link to your blog or favourite social media accounts so I can hop over for a visit ... Alice x