|Copyright Ann Gordon 2008 Creative Commons Licence|
I wasn't brilliant with last week's daily habit of putting the bins out - my pathetic excuse being the snow! - so this week I must be realistic and not set myself up for something that just won't happen.
In my fantasy world where I am a wonderful mother, always look stylish and immaculate, hold down a demanding job and keep my house pristine and perfect I would daily:
- Clean table & work tops
- Hoover & wash floor
- Change tea towel & hand towel
- Thoroughly clean sink with cream cleaner
- Clean cooker after use
Back on planet earth this ain't gonna' happen, so every day I will just - just! - try, try, try to:
- Quick wipe table & work tops
- Sweep up obvious crumbs
- Spray kitchen sink & quickly wipe down
- Change tea & hand towels (am paranoid about germs that lurk within!)
To motivate myself to actually do it I will try and remember the big benefits:
- Hygiene, hygiene, hygiene!
- Will start the next day less grumpy with self and life
- Will be able to start job in hand without having to clear up first
- If crumbs swept up, don't end up all over sitting room floor as well
- Oh and hygiene, hygiene, hygiene!
I would love to hear about your daily housework routine - the high points and the lowest lows! - so do come and talk to me about them on Twitter and Google+.
And if you're looking for some help with cleaning the kitchen, check out these tips on Pinterest.
I am linking up this post with the fabulous blog hops at A Bowlful of Lemons, Clean and Scentsible, Delightful Order, We Are That Family, Not Just a Housewife, The Gunny Sack, Under the Table and Dreaming and Domesblissity.