|Copyright Meemal - Creative Commons|
"Every day!" I hear you shout, but the thing is after one day's use, our bathroom looks more than slightly scuzzy and after two days it's a pit and I have been converted big time to the theory that a quick whizz around daily stops you having to do a big scrub.
When I say "converted big time", I mean I believe that it would work very well if I actually did it! And when I say "quick whizz" I really do mean faster than light fast. Basically all I will do daily is:
- Quickly spray & wipe basin
- Squirt cleaner into loo, brush round & flush
- Rinse bath out & wipe around bath taps
- Spray & wipe mirror if really mucky (i.e. someone has written on it in toothpaste!)
We're talking 2 minutes effort tops - OK 3 if mirror needs doing - so should be NO excuses!
Hmm ... well, I did have a go at this last year and my biggest excuse was not having the right stuff in the bathroom at the very moment I had 2 minutes spare. So this time I need to make sure the bathroom always contains:
- Cleaning spray
- "Usable" cleaning cloths
- A microfibre glass cleaning cloth
- A roll of kitchen roll (for quick drying if cleaning before "company" arrives)
- Rubber gloves
- Stash of plastic bags (ensures I actually empty the bin)
My second biggest execuse was always "I'm just so busy, I don't have time!" so also need to keep reminding myself:
- It is only 2 minutes!
- Can be done whilst littl'un is in the bath
- Can be done in no time after cleaning teeth at night
I have shared this post at these fab blog parties:
Under the Table and Dreaming, A Bowlful of Lemons, Clean and Scentsible, Delightful Order, We Are That Family, The Gunny Sack, The Chicken Chick, Wow Me Wednesday, Domesblissity and Not Just a Housewife.